Tuesday 18 June 2013

CALTAF, progress as the season goes on

This past weekend I headed south once again to Calgary for another meet at the Foothills athletic Park.  This was scheduled to be one of the bigger meets for me this year.  At the start of the season I was hoping that I could win this event and gain entry into the Edmonton International Track Classic.  Little did I know that there would be some heavy hitters at the meet this year compared to last.

Last year, the winner of the event threw 48m.  This year that would have gotten him 6th place.  Like I said there were some heavy hitters this year.  Pearsonally for me it was a good progressive day.  2 of the 3 meets this year I have achieved seasonal best throws.  This weekend I threw 3/6 throws as seasonal bests.  My final throw was 3m further than my previous mark set a month ago in Calgary.

This was the goal this year was to continually improve and increase my distance at every competition.  I think this goal has been achieved to this point.  Continual improvement over this year is a huge positive point for me as I move into a more specific off season training plan.  There are still a couple of meets in July that I plan to attend including our club meet which is also acting as Provincial Championships.  A month of practise and training will hopefully get me closer to the goal of 50m this year

David 

No comments:

Post a Comment