Sunday 19 May 2013

Competition update

After a good practice session with Fish on May 8, I headed back to Calgary for a meet on May 11.  This time the family came with me to cheer me on.  After a 25 minute stop on the side of the road to feed baby Henry, I arrived at the track a tad bit later than I would have liked.

I was able to get in a fast warm up and get ready to throw.  Along side me warming up was Kyle Nielsen.  The last two years Kyle has finished second at senior Nationals and last year was only beaten by Olympian Curtis Moss.  Needless to say it was pretty impressive watching Kyle throw 70m+ in warm up.  A sign of things to come was all I could think.

As I said in my last post the goal for the season was to set a new seasonal best throw at every meet.  last week was 38.4m, this week was 40.7m. definatly an improvement.  Good thing for that throw because the other 5 I had on the day were unimpressive, including two fouls.  More good news was that Fish was onsite watching me and providing feedback after every throw and was able to come to our next practice with some specifics to work on.

I don't compete again until a small meet in Edmonton on June 2nd, so I have lot's of practice time to work on  footwork and release technique so that I can set a new seasonal best mark.

David

No comments:

Post a Comment