Sunday 19 May 2013

First competition......more baby steps

May 4 I left my young family sleeping at home and drove 2.5 hours to Calgary for a 45 minute competition.  We were given 4 throws for the full competition as there were only 6 in my category.  One thing that I had really been working on was my foot work and timing.  Glad to say I had 4 successful throws with no fouls.  As my results started to come in I had to remind myself that this is the first competition and that this is just the start.  By the end of the day i was 3rd and threw 38.4m, not great I know and not even halfway to Canadian Olympic standard.  I was a little disappointed as I drove the 2.5 hours back home to Edmonton, but it did give me a lot of time to reflect.  The one key thing I took away was that this was just the first meet and that the goal moving forward was to achieve a new seasonal best throw at every meet.

We'll see how that goes as the season progresses.  Next weekend I am back in Calgary again for another meet.

David

No comments:

Post a Comment